2 May 2012

One Week Old


Little Zoey April is one week old already.
These past few days I have found myself conforming to every "brand new mom cliche" there is.
I can spend hours just staring at her, observing every expression and pointing out her daddy's features (I'm still hunting for mine). I miss her every time I put her in her bassinet to sleep and can cry on command every time I think of her growing up. (thanks hormones!) My stock pile of diapers is quickly diminishing and I'm trying to adjust to my new life as a sleep deprived, milk producing machine. 
Life has never been better and I'm soaking up every minute of motherhood.  

 

weight: 7 and a half pounds. She is back to her exact birth weight. (they loose 10% of their weight while still in the hospital)

length: 19 and a quarter inches with the cutest little frog legs!

Eating: She loves to eat. It took us a few days to figure out this whole breastfeeding thing, but I think we've finally got the technique down. I'm also pumping which is a lifesaver because "daddy" can help out with feedings a lot.

Sleeping: She is a great sleeper! Now that she is back to her birth weight I don't have to wake her up every 3 hours to feed. Her longest nap has been about 4 and a half hours.

Firsts: Everything is so new! She had her first car ride home from the hospital and first outing to pick up some Peruvian food for dinner. We gave her her first sponge bath the other day and I just love how blonde her hair looks when it is freshly washed. She was all smiles last night when she was sleeping and we would talk to her. I don't know if that counts as her first smile yet though?

4 comments:

  1. So darling! I can't believe she's sleeping so well. Glad everyone's happy and healthy. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's adorable!!

    Can she please come and give my month old little guy some sleeping tips!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful!! Congratulations! She is beyond beautiful-- Love the name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tranquila Paige3 May 2012 at 13:24

    Where did you get that cute elephant chalkboard?! Adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete